Health Tip: Defining Fibromyalgia
Symptoms typically include widespread pain and tender points
(HealthDay News) -- People who have the loosely defined disorder fibromyalgia typically have widespread pain, and "tender points" throughout the body that hurt when pressure is applied.
The womenshealth.gov website says other symptoms of the disorder may include:
- Memory problems.
- Morning stiffness and difficulty sleeping.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and feet.
- Irritable bowel syndrome or restless legs syndrome.
- Painful menstruation among women.
- Sensitivity to temperature, bright light or loud noise.