November 19, 2014
Health Tip: Change Your Skin Routine During Winter
Avoid long, hot showers
(HealthDay News) -- Healthy skin looks radiant, but it may need a little extra TLC during the winter months.
The American Osteopathic Association suggests these steps for healthier winter skin:
- Since hot water can make skin lose moisture, take shorter warm showers and baths.
- Use a gentle, light exfoliator to slough off dead skin cells.
- Don't pick at or peel dry skin.
- Switch to an oil-based moisturizer that includes sun protection factor. Reapply throughout the day if you'll be outside.
- Run a humidifier to keep home air moist.
- If your clothes get wet, remove them as soon as possible to avoid irritating the skin.