Health Tip: Controlling Oily Skin
(HealthDay News) -- Skin that is too oily can clog pores and lead to acne breakouts, says the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
The academy says the key to healthy skin is maintaining its natural moisture without excess oil.
To control oily skin, the AAD recommends:
- Wash your face every morning, evening and after exercise.
- Choose skin care products labeled "oil free" and "noncomedogenic."
- Never use oil-based or alcohol-based cleansers.
- Apply moisturizer and use a daily foaming face wash.
- Avoid touching your face repeatedly. Use blotting paper.