April 10, 2018
Health Tip: Improve Aging Skin
(HealthDay News) -- Aging skin, like death and taxes, is unavoidable. But you can slow down the process and keep your skin looking younger.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how:
- Every day, even in winter, protect your skin by using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher and water-resistant.
- Don't tan in the sun or in a tanning bed.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking can lead to wrinkles and a dull complexion.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Exercise often to improve circulation and boost the immune system, which can improve the skin's appearance.
- Use a mild skin cleanser and moisturizer daily.
- Stop using skin care products that sting or burn.