(HealthDay News) -- If you want youthful skin, start with a regimen that protects your skin and keeps it healthy and glowing.
Here are recommendations from the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Wear sunscreen daily, stay in the shade and wear a hat to protect your skin from sun damage. Don't use a tanning bed!
- Moisturize your skin every day. Use moisturizer on your body and face, and lip balm.
- Twice daily, clean your skin with a gentle cleanser (no harsh soap) and warm water. Don't scrub the skin.
- Don't smoke, and eat a nutritious diet rich in healthier fats, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Make sure you get enough sleep each night.