Some are edible, some are not
Your dinner plate at the restaurant looks like a work of art. That flower on the plate is beautiful. And it must be edible or they wouldn't put it on the plate, right? Maybe not.
Although some flowers are OK to eat, many are poisonous, the department of horticulture at Iowa State University says. So if you're not sure about that flower on your plate, ask the waiter -- or just skip it.
Iowa State also warns that you should be careful of pesticides. It's best to not eat flowers unless you are sure they have not been treated with chemicals.