(HealthDay News) -- Now that the weather is getting cooler, pesky mosquitoes are heading south.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recommends these tips for storing pesticides until next summer:
- Follow storage instructions on the label.
- Store the pesticides out of the reach of children and pets, preferably in a locked storage cabinet located away from food, pet food and medical supplies.
- Store flammable liquids away from your home.
- Keep the pesticides in their original container to prevent children from mistaking them for beverages.
- If you can't identify the contents of the container, safely dispose of it.