March 29, 2015
Health Tip: Develop Healthy Habits for Contact Lenses
Wash hands before handling your lenses
(HealthDay News) -- Contact lenses can help you see better, but how you handle them can affect your eye health.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests:
- Always wash hands with soap and water and dry them before handling contact lenses.
- Don't let water get on your contacts. Don't wear them when showering or swimming.
- Don't sleep in contacts unless your doctor has advised it. Replace lenses according to your doctor's recommendations.
- Use only disinfecting solution to clean your lenses every time you remove them.
- Clean your storage case with disinfecting solution and refill with fresh solution (never water) any time you remove your contacts.