(HealthDay News) -- Straining the eyes while watching television or working on the computer can trigger a nasty headache. But so can your posture, stress and other factors.
To help determine if eye strain is the culprit, and if so, how to minimize it, the National Headache Foundation suggests:
- Getting a complete eye exam, and taking care of any vision problems.
- Using an anti-glare screen on your computer, or wearing tinted eyeglasses.
- Sitting with proper posture when working at the computer or watching TV.
- Taking frequent short breaks from the computer. Leave your desk for a couple of minutes and stretch your neck, arms and back.
- Closing your eyes and breathing deeply while on a break.