April 26, 2004
Health Tip: LASIK Eye Surgery
Questions to ask the surgeon
(HealthDayNews) -- If you're considering LASIK eye surgery, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission says you should ask potential surgeons the following questions before committing yourself:
- How long have you performed LASIK surgery?
- How do you define success and what is your success rate?
- What type of laser will you be using? (Make sure the device is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.)
- What's involved in after-surgery care?
- What are the risks and possible complications?