(HealthDayNews) -- After Lasik eye surgery, healing is relatively fast, but you may want to take a few days off, recommends the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Here's what to expect as you recover:
- It's normal to experience a mild burning sensation for a few hours after surgery, but don't rub your eyes.
- Your vision will probably be blurry the day of surgery, but it should improve considerably by the next day.
- Don't drive until your vision has improved enough to do so safely.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs and whirlpools for two weeks after surgery.
- Report any aggravating or unusual side effects to your doctor immediately.