Health Tip: Warning Signs of Vision Loss
Do you have trouble seeing, even while wearing glasses?
(HealthDay News) -- If you have trouble completing everyday tasks because you can't see well enough -- even while wearing prescription glasses -- you may have what the National Eye Institute calls "low vision."
The institute says while some vision loss is natural as we grow older, low vision is not a normal symptom of aging.
Here are warning signs of low vision:
- Having trouble recognizing friends' and relatives' faces.
- Having problems performing tasks that require you to see things up close, including sewing, reading or cooking.
- Having difficulty matching clothing or distinguishing colors.
- Having trouble around the house because the lights don't seem as bright as they once were.
- Having difficulty reading road and street signs or store-front signs.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor.