CPSC issued the warning after detectors failed tests with a CO concentration of 400 ppm, in violation of safety standards
HealthDay operates under the strictest editorial standards. Our syndicated news content is completely independent of any financial interests, is based solely on industry-respected sources and the latest scientific research, and is carefully fact-checked by a team of industry experts to ensure accuracy.
- All articles are edited and checked for factual accuracy by our Editorial Team prior to being published.
- Unless otherwise noted, all articles focusing on new research are based on studies published in peer-reviewed journals or issued from independent and respected medical associations, academic groups and governmental organizations.
- Each article includes a link or reference to the original source.
- Any known potential conflicts of interest associated with a study or source are made clear to the reader.
Please see our Editorial and Fact-Checking Policy for more detail.Editorial and Fact-Checking Policy
HealthDay Editorial Commitment
HeathDay is committed to maintaining the highest possible levels of impartial editorial standards in the content that we present on our website. All of our articles are chosen independent of any financial interests. Editors and writers make all efforts to clarify any financial ties behind the studies on which we report.
The CO Detector under recall. Photo: CPSC
THURSDAY, Sept. 22, 2022 (HealthDay News) -- Consumers should immediately stop using HECOPRO digital display carbon monoxide (CO) detectors because they can fail to warn about the presence of the dangerous gas, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said.
The CPSC issued the warning Thursday after detectors sold on Amazon.com failed tests with a CO concentration of 400 ppm, in violation of safety standards. At sustained levels above 150 to 200 ppm, disorientation, loss of consciousness, and death are possible, according to the CPSC.
The detectors in the warning were sold on Amazon.com under ASIN, B07T66J7KJ for between $9 and $13. They are made of white plastic and measure approximately 4.1 by 1.8 by 4.1 inches. They have a digital display. Advertising for the detectors claims they detect dangerous levels of carbon monoxide and alert with a flashing red LED and a loud alarm.
The CPSC said consumers should not purchase or sell these detectors. Existing detectors should be thrown away and new, working ones installed.
Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning associated with consumer products claims more than 150 lives in the United States each year.
This story may be outdated. We suggest some alternatives.
The content contained in this article is over two years old. As such our recommendation is that you reference the articles below for the latest updates on this topic. This article has been left on our site as a matter of historic record. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Published on September 22, 2022
Read this Next
Other Trending Articles