Health Tip: Don't Dive Into Disaster
Here's a list of safe scuba-diving tips
(HealthDay News) -- If you're taking a tropical trip this holiday season, you may be interested in scuba diving. However, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians' online site, FamilyDoctor.org, dive-related injuries mostly happen in beginners.
Here's a list of safe diving tips:
- Become familiar with the underwater area and its dangers.
- Educate yourself as to what types of fish and coral can be dangerous.
- Never dive without a buddy.
- Don't drink alcohol before diving.
- Never dive while taking medicine unless your doctor deems it safe.
- Make sure you are properly trained in diving and the use of equipment.