January 10, 2016
Health Tip: Ask Questions Before You Start Exercising
Discuss the answers with your doctor
(HealthDay News) -- So you're ready to get fit. Now what? Start by discussing some important issues with your doctor.
The American Council on Exercise advises that you discuss:
- How active do you want to be and how vigorously do you want to exercise?
- Have you been diagnosed with a heart condition?
- Have you fallen or lost your balance at least twice within the last year?
- Do you ever have chest pain during exercise or have irregular or slow heartbeat at rest?
- Do you take any medication for a heart condition or blood pressure problems?
- Do you have pain during exercise, or problems with your bones or joints that are affected by exercise?
- Do you have wounds on your feet that don't heal?
- Have you had unexplained weight loss in the last six months?