June 20, 2017
Health Tip: Become an Active Family
Small changes add up
(HealthDay News) -- Getting more active should be a family affair. It can even be fun if you approach it the right way.
The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- Have an open and honest conversation with the family about why it's important to be more active.
- Don't nag family members to get active. Instead, plan fun, adventurous outings that get everyone moving, such as biking, hiking, bowling, canoeing or swimming.
- Buy inexpensive sports equipment, such as mitts, balls, racquets and hula hoops.
- Set limits on family screen time. But if you do watch screens together, opt for a physically active video game for the whole family.
- Have fun, enjoy yourself and set a good example for your kids.