July 13, 2011
Health Tip: Benefitting From Cross-Training
Here's why it may be good for you
(HealthDay News) -- Cross training involves many different types of exercises, making your fitness routine more fun and beneficial.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says benefits of a cross-training program may include:
- Toning the entire body because of the variety of activities.
- Better likelihood of sticking with your exercise routine.
- Better preparation of muscles for new exercises, and working more muscle groups.
- Reduced risk of overuse injury.
- In case of injury, you may still be able to perform some of your usual exercises, with some modifications.