(HealthDay News) -- Dressing appropriately for your exercise workout can help make the experience more enjoyable and comfortable.
The Weight-loss Information Network offers these tips:
- Make sure your shirts are loosely fitting and lightweight.
- Choose fabrics that pull sweat away from your skin.
- Never wear plastic or rubber clothing, which could lead to overheating.
- Women should don a supportive sports bra, and everyone should wear a supportive pair of athletic shoes.
- If you're exercising outdoors in hot weather, wear a wide-brimmed hat. In winter, stay warm with a knit hat.
- Wear spandex shorts or tights that prevent chafing of the thighs.