June 26, 2017
Health Tip: Exercise During Menopause
It helps combat these common problems
(HealthDay News) -- When menstruation stops, your body changes in many ways. Exercise is important throughout every stage in your life, and menopause is no different.
The American Council on Exercise says exercise after menopause:
- Helps reduce the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis, both of which are more common after menopause.
- Improves your mood, as well as reduces anxiety and depression.
- Helps you lose more belly fat.
- Helps strengthen your bones.
- Helps improve cholesterol and physical fitness.