Health Tip: Exercise During Pregnancy
A list of typical benefits
(HealthDay News) -- Being pregnant shouldn't give you an excuse to give up on your exercise regimen.
The Nemours Foundation says your doctor should approve any exercise routine while you're pregnant. The foundation says staying fit offers these potential benefits:
- Possible relief from common pregnancy symptoms, such as back pain and constipation.
- Improved sleep.
- Improved physical appearance.
- Helps prepare the body for labor and delivery.
- Helps restore your pre-pregnancy shape and weight a little sooner.
- Improved mood and self-esteem.