December 7, 2004
Health Tip: Exercise While You Work
How to stay fit at the office
(HealthDayNews) -- Most people work at a desk at work, but that's no excuse not to exercise. The American Heart Association offers these tips for burning a few calories at the office:
- Brainstorm project ideas with a co-worker while taking a walk.
- Stand while talking on the telephone.
- Walk down the hall to speak with someone, rather than using the telephone.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Schedule exercise time on your business calendar and treat it as any other important appointment.
- Get off the bus a few blocks early and walk the rest of the way to work or home.
- Walk around your building during a workday break or lunch.