(HealthDayNews) -- A moderate amount of exercise is good for pregnant moms and their unborn babies. But certain physical activities should be avoided, according to the U.S. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
If you're pregnant, you should avoid:
- Being too active during hot weather.
- Steam rooms, hot tubs and saunas.
- Physical activities, such as certain yoga poses, that call for you to lie flat on your back.
- Contact sports such as football and boxing.
- Activities that make you jump or change direction quickly, such as tennis or basketball.