December 10, 2007
Health Tip: Get Exercise at Work
Ways to stay fit
(HealthDay News) - It's tough to make extra time in a busy schedule to work out.
So here are suggested ways to get in extra exercise during your work day, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- Walk or bike to work, instead of driving or taking public transportation.
- Drive or take the bus or train to an earlier stop, then walk the rest of the way.
- Use your lunch hour or another break to take a brisk walk.
- Join your employer's fitness center or a nearby gym. Take classes or join programs that meet regularly.
- Participate in any office sport clubs or leagues, such as softball or bowling.