Health Tip: If You're Tired of Walking
Here are some low-impact alternatives
(HealthDay News) -- Walking is a great form of exercise -- you can burn calories, yet it's fairly easy on your feet and joints.
But if you're bored with your walking routine, the American Podiatric Medical Association offers these low-impact alternatives:
- Take a swim, or sign up for a water aerobics class.
- Take a dance class.
- Sign up for an aerobics, Pilates or yoga class.
- Hop on a bike and start pedaling, whether it's outdoors or on a stationary bike.
- Use an elliptical machine.
- Work out with some light weight lifting.
- Remember the fun of childhood; exercise with a hula-hoop or jump rope.