(HealthDayNews) -- Pregnancy is no reason to become sedentary. In fact, being physically active is better for the health of you and your baby, according to the U.S. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
Here are some recommended activities:
- Go for a walk around the block or through a shopping mall.
- Sign up for prenatal yoga, aqua aerobics or fitness classes. Make sure the instructor knows you're pregnant before you begin.
- Rent or buy an exercise video for pregnant women.
- If you belong to a gym, sign up for a session with a trainer who knows about physical activity during pregnancy.
- If you sit in a chair most of the day, get up and move around at least once an hour.