October 27, 2014
Health Tip: Seniors Shouldn't See Exercise as a Chore
Fun ways to get active
(HealthDay News) -- Exercise is healthy at any age, particularly to seniors. Making exercise fun can help you stick with your program.
The Weight-loss Information Network makes these suggestions:
- Figure out activities that you enjoy, such as walking with a buddy or group.
- Plant a garden and work in it regularly.
- Perform short bursts of exercise, such as three 10-minute walks.
- Vary your exercise routine each day so you don't get bored.
- If you don't like exercising outdoors, join a gym or fitness center.