(HealthDay News) -- Exercise may seem like a chore, but there are things you can do to alleviate boredom and make you look forward to daily activity.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests:
- Always warm up before you work out, and cool down after. These steps help protect you from injury and minimize soreness.
- Don't rely solely on a trip to the gym for exercise. Take the stairs, do jumping jacks during TV commercials, move around more often and dance while you clean.
- Opt for active ways to spend time with family, such as by hiking, riding bikes or using the playground.
- Don't follow the same routine each day. Mix things up.
- Drink plenty of water daily.