August 2, 2011
Health Tip: Skate Safely
In-line skating suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Before your kids lace up their in-line skates, make sure they're prepared.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to reduce the risk of injury while in-line skating:
- Make sure your child is always wearing protective equipment.
- Skate carefully, and make sure to allow plenty of room for stopping.
- Stick to the right side of the sidewalk or path, and pass on the left side.
- Don't skate in areas where the ground is uneven or where there is traffic.
- Always yield to pedestrians, and follow all traffic rules.