February 28, 2017
Health Tip: Step Training
Tips for safe practice
(HealthDay News) -- Step training is a great way to burn calories and strengthen muscles and bones.
The American Council on Exercise offers these tips:
- Make sure you step with your entire foot on the platform, with no portion hanging off the edge.
- When you use the floor, step close to the platform.
- Step softly. Pounding your feet could harm joints.
- Keep your eyes on the platform to avoid a misstep.
- Don't use hand weights, which increase your risk of injury and aren't beneficial.