Health Tip: The Right Diet Can Boost Athletic Performance
Here's why you should eat well
(HealthDay News) -- Eating the right balance of nutritious foods can improve athletic performance, whether you're an elite athlete or just enjoy sports and exercise on a regular basis.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these benefits of a healthy diet for athletes:
- Improved cardiovascular health, including better blood flow, delivery of oxygen and blood pressure.
- Improved respiratory function.
- A stronger immune system.
- Stronger bones and muscles.
- Improved metabolism to keep your body burning calories.