July 21, 2014
Health Tip: Working Out at Work
Suggestions to include fitness in your day
(HealthDay News) -- Finding ways to exercise at work can save you time and help make sure you get enough physical activity.
The American Council on Exercise offers these tips to help you get exercise during your work day:
- Exercise during your commute, if possible. Ride your bike or walk part of the route.
- Find simple ways to exercise, such as getting to work early and walking for 30 minutes around the building. Or work out at the end of the day while letting traffic dissipate.
- Ask a buddy to take a lunchtime walk.
- Join a workplace fitness center or nearby gym.
- Pack elastic tubing and keep it in your desk for some squeezes. Or use the stairs for a quick workout.