November 5, 2009
Health Tip: Triggering Abdominal Bloating
Some typical causes
(HealthDay News) -- When your belly feels bloated, uncomfortably tight and full, your doctor may refer to it as abdominal bloating.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of common causes:
- Swallowing air.
- Being constipated.
- Having too much gas in the bowels.
- Having lactose intolerance or other food intolerance.
- Eating too much.
- Having irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Having a partial bowel obstruction.
- Having too much bacteria in the bowels.
- Having, in rare cases, a tumor.