April 15, 2013
Health Tip: Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
Stretch the muscles gently
(HealthDay News) -- Leg cramps are common during pregnancy, particularly at night while you're trying to sleep.
The Womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help soothe leg cramps during pregnancy:
- Practice gentle stretches on the cramping muscles.
- Engage in light, mild exercise.
- Flex your foot in the forward position.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium.
- Ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements.