October 27, 2015
Health Tip: What's Behind Muscle Cramps?
Here are common causes
(HealthDay News) -- Nothing can end a workout faster than muscle cramps. But have you ever wondered what causes them?
The Mayo Clinic mentions these common factors:
- Straining or overusing muscles.
- Being dehydrated.
- Keeping a muscle in the same position for a long time.
- Having poor blood supply to affected muscles.
- Having compressed nerves in the spine.
- Getting less-than-required amounts of dietary minerals, such as potassium, magnesium or calcium.