Here's how to avoid the fire
(HealthDayNews) -- If you get a burning sensation in your chest along with a sour taste in your mouth, especially after eating a big meal, you could be suffering from heartburn.
According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, you might be able to ward off heartburn by making some lifestyle changes:
- Raise the head of your bed.
- Eat at least 2 to 3 hours before lying down.
- Lose weight if you need to.
- Don't overeat.
- Stick to high-protein, low-fat meals.
- Avoid tight clothes and tight belts.
- Know what foods bring on your heartburn and cut them from your diet.