Health Tip: Kids Get Indigestion, Too
Here's how to help prevent it
(HealthDay News) - Indigestion often is caused by eating too much greasy, fatty or spicy food. It can affect adults and children, too.
Here are suggestions to help save your child's tummy from indigestion, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Eat several smaller meals or snacks throughout the day, rather than eating large amounts of food at once.
- Eat healthy, lighter foods, and avoid greasy products such as cheeseburgers and french fries.
- If acidic foods like citrus fruits or some sodas upset the stomach, stay away from them.
- Eat slowly -- don't rush through meals. Relax for a while after eating, rather than immediately exercising or running and playing.
- Don't eat too much chocolate.