May 25, 2010
Health Tip: Treating Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Managing with IBD
(HealthDay News) -- Inflammatory bowel disease symptoms can be managed by a number of methods, including lifestyle changes, medication or surgery.
The National Women's Health Information Center says these are possible treatment methods for IBD:
- Avoiding foods that trigger your symptoms.
- Taking nutritional supplements.
- Getting plenty of sleep.
- Keeping stress under control.
- Taking medication, including options such as corticosteroids, antibiotics or biologics.
- Having surgery to repair or remove damaged sections of the intestine.