(HealthDayNews) -- Does your teen like to drink alcohol? Either way, you should share some facts with your kids.
The Medical College of Wisconsin suggests you let them in on these truths:
- Alcohol is a drug that affects coordination; slows reaction time; and impairs vision, clear thinking, and judgment.
- Beer and wine are not "safer" than hard liquor. A 12-ounce can of beer, a 5-ounce glass of wine, and one ounce of hard liquor contain the same amount of alcohol.
- On average, it takes 2 to 3 hours for one drink to leave your system.
- People tend to misjudge how drunk they are. That's why so many individuals drive after they've been drinking. They think they can control a car but actually can't.
- Anyone can become an alcoholic, even a teenager.