Health Tip: Are You an Alcoholic?
This quiz may provide some insight
(HealthDay News) -- No one is too young or too old to be immune from alcohol abuse.
It doesn't matter how long you've been drinking or what you've been drinking -- it's what drinking does to you and your family. To help you decide whether you are a problem drinker, Alcoholics Anonymous has prepared the following self-screening questions:
- Do you drink because you have problems? To relax?
- Do you drink when you get mad at acquaintances, friends or parents?
- Do you prefer to drink alone, rather than with others?
- Are your grades starting to slip? Are you goofing off on your job?
- Did you ever try to stop drinking or drink less -- and fail?
- Have you begun to drink in the morning, before school or work?
- Do you gulp your drinks?
- Do you ever have loss of memory due to your drinking?
- Do you lie about your drinking?
- Do you ever get into trouble when you're drinking?
- Do you get drunk when you drink, even when you don't mean to?
- Do you think it's cool to be able to hold your liquor?
If you answered yes to one or more questions, you may have a serious alcohol problem.