August 23, 2010
Health Tip: When Alcohol Affects Your Life
Signs that drinking is a problem
(HealthDay News) -- When alcohol adversely affects your relationships, your work or your home life, it's time to take a look at your drinking habits.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says warning signs of problem drinking may include:
- Driving after drinking, getting a ticket while driving under the influence, or having car accidents.
- Feeling anxious, depressed or suspicious.
- Having problems with relationships that appear alcohol-related.
- Developing problems with self-esteem and generally taking poor care of yourself.
- Having difficulty sleeping, or finding it difficult to keep up at work.
- Noticing that your hands are trembling.
- Missing work due to being hung over.
- Blacking out or experiencing memory loss.