December 3, 2002
It's My Party
Use discretion when serving alcohol to guests
(HealthDayNews) -- The holiday season is here and it's party time. If you're hosting a shindig, you may actually be held responsible if your guests over drink.
Harvard University Medical Center recommends you:
- Don't make drinking the focus of your party.
- Don't push alcohol on anyone.
- Offer plenty of food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Avoid too many salty snacks, which will make your guests thirsty.
- Stop serving alcohol about 90 minutes before the end of the party. Instead, serve dessert and specialty coffees.