What to Do for Thermal Burns
Immediate first aid is required
(HealthDayNews) -- Thermal burns are caused by contact with open flames, hot liquids, hot surfaces or other high heat sources. Like any burns, they require a specific and immediate first aid routine.
Follow these steps suggested by Shriners Hospitals for Children:
- Stop the burning and remove the person from the heat source.
- Cool the burn with cold water.
- Cover the burn with a sterile pad or clean sheet.
- Maintain the person's body temperature and get to the nearest doctor or hospital.
- Do not apply any oils, sprays or ointments to a serious burn.