June 24, 2012
Health Tip: Help Avoid a Lupus Flare
Take steps to limit stress
(HealthDay News) -- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health suggests how to help control lupus:
- Learn to recognize when a flare-up is imminent.
- Get plenty of rest and try not to push yourself too hard.
- Try to control stress.
- Limit exposure to sunlight and halogen or fluorescent lights.
- Be careful to avoid injury or infection.
- Don't stop taking lupus medications unless your doctor says so.
- Exercise moderately, but get your doctor's approval first.
- Talk to your doctor about any other medications you are taking to see if any could trigger a lupus flare-up.