What Makes Your Doctor Sick?
Specialty could play a big part
(HealthDayNews) -- Every wonder what causes your doctor to get sick? The answer may depend on his or her specialty.
According to the journal Occupational and Environmental Medicine:
- Anesthesiologists have more liver problems than other physicians. They're also more prone to skin cancer.
- Radiologists have a higher frequency of respiratory diseases than other doctors.
- Ear, nose and throat specialists have a higher-than-average rate of colon cancer.
- General surgeons have an increased rate of bladder cancer.
- Gynecologists seem to have a risk of accidental poisoning.
- Psychiatrists have more cases of heart diseases.
But the study also showed that physicians live longer than the population as a whole.