Health Tip: Prepare a First Aid Kit
Essentials for an emergency
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to have an emergency first aid kit on hand in the event of minor cuts, scrapes, burns or other injuries.
Make sure your first aid kit includes this list of essentials suggested by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security:
- Two pairs of sterile latex gloves (or gloves made of other material if there are known latex allergies).
- Sterile dressings, gauze pads or adhesive bandages.
- Antibacterial soap or towelettes, and antibiotic ointment.
- Burn ointment.
- Eye wash solution.
- A supply of your regular daily prescription medications.
- A thermometer.
- Prescribed medical supplies, like glucose or blood pressure monitoring equipment.