September 2, 2010
Health Tip: Get Ready for Baby's Bath
Be prepared before you put baby in the tub
(HealthDay News) -- A bit of preparation can make bath time less stressful for parents and safer for baby.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Fill the tub before you put baby into it.
- Place the soap and shampoo next to the tub.
- Grab one or two washcloths to have nearby.
- Have a towel (warm, dry and cozy is best) ready to use immediately after the bath.
- Set up the bottle of baby's lotion and a clean diaper.
- Have a clean change of clothes out and ready.