January 19, 2017
Health Tip: Wash Hands Often
The low-down on hand soap
(HealthDay News) -- Washing hands regularly is a great way to help keep you and your family well.
The Environmental Working Group offers these hand-washing tips:
- Wash children's hands often, always before eating and after playing.
- Wash kids' hands more often if they tend to put their hands in their mouths.
- Antibacterial soap does not offer medically proven benefits over plain soap and warm water, an advisory committee to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found.
- Read ingredient labels on soaps, avoiding those containing triclosan or triclocarban.
- If washing with soap and water isn't possible, opt for a fragrance-free, alcohol-based hand sanitizer.