February 25, 2004
Even Classical Concerts Aren't Injury Proof
Your chances of getting hurt at a musical event
(HealthDayNews) -- Get enough people together any place, and there's likely to be some call for emergency medical treatment. Musical concerts are no exception.
Here's what the journal Academic Emergency Medicine found out:
- Type of concert with the lowest likelihood of medical emergency: rhythm and blues.
- Type of concert with the highest likelihood of medical emergency: gospel.
- Type of concert with the highest single day record for medical emergency: grunge rock.
- Type of concert with the highest likelihood of audience members having heart problems: classical.
- Actual (percentage) chance of requiring medical aid at any type of concert: 0.0000321684.