(HealthDay News) --It's easy to suffer an injury in a slippery bathroom, but taking some precautions can get rid of potential hazards.
The Home Safety Council lists these suggestions to reduce slips and falls in the bathroom:
- Install grab bars next to the toilet and the shower or bathtub.
- Use a non-slip mat or non-slip strips in the shower or bathtub.
- Place a bath mat with non-skid backing on the floor just outside the shower or bathtub.
- Clean up the bathroom floor regularly, and quickly wipe up any spills or moisture.
- Put a nightlight in the bathroom and in the hallways.