January 29, 2019
Health Tip: Safely Remove a Splinter
(HealthDay News) -- When a thin piece of wood, glass or metal gets embedded within the top layers of your skin, you know how annoying and painful a splinter can be.
The U.S. Library of Medicine suggests how to remove a splinter safely:
- Sterilize a pin or needle by soaking it in rubbing alcohol or by placing the tip in a flame.
- Wash your hands with soap.
- Use the pin or needle to gently remove skin over the splinter.
- Then use the tip of the pin to lift the end of the splinter out.
- You may need to use tweezers to pull out the splinter after you lift it.